Oct 8, 2009

Autumn Rose

I walked into my garden this early autumn morning. With our cool nights a layer of dew is covering the landscape as well as my flowers. And what did I see? ... the most beautiful lace at the edge of the rose's petals..!!!
Make sure you click on the picture to see it enlarged.

2 comments:

Willow said...

Beautiful rose!

Cotton boll is the correct spelling for the word that means the fiber tuft that comes out of the cotton 'flower' as unprocessed cotton. It looks something like kapok. Have you ever heard the song that goes, "When those cotton bolls get rotten, you can't pick very much cotton, in them old cotton fields back home"?

Tracy said...

Oooo...sooo LOVELY is this rose, Ragna! I just love roses... The coloring on this one is beautiful. Oh, and so sweet with your granddaughter No. 1's 9th birthday...isn't she sweet! :o) Happy weekend to you all!