Apr 19, 2010

Spring has Sprung in my garden..

The above tree is my prized possession.....Davidia involucrata sonoma..I have done much research on the internet and in time I found this tree to be the best and most interesting specimen as a central focus in our back yard. Bob and I purchased the tree (6ft tall) about 3 weeks ago and I am loving watching the leaves unfurl and seeing the center of the blossoms coming through. The above picture is not our own tree, but what it will look like.
Anemones are some of my favorites and they pop up everwhere.
Here is one of two table grape vines I purchased last autumn. I have ordered a beautiful arbor for them to hold on to and I can't wait for harvest time, even though it will be small this year.


Does anything smell as lovely as lilacs?

These days I am living in my flower garden soaking up the beauty while I plant annuals and doing the weeding chore..Actually it is not a chore..I love to get my hands dirty in any way I can.

No comments: