A New Year and what will it bring? It's funny how we look upon that first day of January as the very day to make new resolutions as if no other day matters....
I find new beginnings in my life all the time without waiting for January first each and every year. I NEVER make 1/1 resolutions, let me clearify, I used to, but not anymore. Each time ended up with disappointments in myself so why set myself up for failure??
I like taking each day as it comes and with the anticipation that a new day will bring wonders and newness on its own. I like surprises and let me tell you, I have been so delighted at what new days has brought into my life. Some of these incidents have happened due to my own involvement, but many have come out of the clear blue sky. I believe in God and I believe He is a God who loves to gift us with His surprises. They delight me, they change me, they challenge me, they grow me into becoming a better person and they open myself up to love others more. This all from the inside out.
So I don't need the 1/1 to start a new year, I only look to the Heavens........and what IT will bring.....and I do wish you a Year of delights, triumps through tragedies, lessons learned, hope, peace, joy and love.
3 comments:
Hi, Ragna! Like yourself, I find lots of opportunities to change, try new things or strengthen areas of my life all through the year. I like how the New Year can be a kick-start to trying new things and encouraging a year of growth, spreading more love, thanksgiving, abundance and JOY. Wishing you all the best in 2011... And I am so thrilled we'll get to meet this coming summer--hooray! :o) ((HUGS))
I am not a resolution maker either. Your post today is the definition of your blog title.
Happy New Year, Sunshine. I don't make any resolutions, either. Not anymore. But, for people that do, even if they are broken in a few days or weeks, at least one recognizes what could use some fixing about oneself and that fact will tickle the back of ones brain until that resolution is made again and again. Hopefully, during one great year, it will stick!
By the way, sweetie, I don't know why, but in Reader I can only read your post if I highlight it. It is light yellow and can't be read otherwise. Not complaining, mind you, but.....
Post a Comment