Dec 2, 2010

Sofie

I came across these pictures of our youngest grand-child, Sofie and thought they were worth showing off. 
Sofie, is, and always has been a total JOY..She is now 3 1/2 and she called me the other day to tell me that Nimo, the fish, had died.  They buried him in the dirt in the neighborhood, she said...I told her how sorry I was to hear the sad news, but she informed me that she would get a new fish and his name would be Nimo!!!  How nice, I said...
She handed the phone to her mommy and the tears and sobs started....She is grieving her loss, such a big thing for a small/big girl of only 3 1/2...
I must get her a card of condolences...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...thanks mom! What a sweet post. Yes, it is true. She was very sad but seems to be on the mend. The tough lessons in life are hard to learn but so glad God has blessed me as a mother to her so I can teach her all about those moments.

Jeanie said...

It is hard to learn about life's sadness. She is lucky to have you to talk with and help her through.

Anne said...

Hei Ragna!
Godt å ha deg tilbake!
Livet er hardt for en liten pike..men hun har en god bestemor som kan gi trøst og en god mamma også!
Fin header du har fått!
Gode hiksner fra Anne

Georgianna said...

What a beautiful child – I hope she is enjoying her new fish. Thanks again for your visit. :) – g

grammy said...

so precious...
my 5 year old GD lost an earing here today and cried...she was afraid her piercing would grow shut. She just called to see if I found it (o:
Fish and small pets are suppose to be good for kids to experience death. Sometimes it is so temping to just hide the fact from them.

Tracy said...

Hi, Ragna! Oh, sooo sweet! Even for little ones life can be tough at times. We're back from our Thanksgiving/USA trip--had wonderful time! I'm slowing getting to visiting and such though, as I've not been feeling too well in recent days--but getting there. Great to be catching up with you and back in blogland. :o) Happy Days, my friend ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Hei.
Nydelig historie og for en skjønn , liten Sofie !
Jeg er egentlig fra Hommersåk. Jeg kjenner dessverre ikke fetteren din.
Ha en nydelig adventstid.
Klem fra Ingunn :)

diane b said...

How sad for the little one. She sure was a cute baby but they are not babies for long.